How to use Google Sites

Google Sites



What is Google Sites?

Google sites is a a tool from Google where you can easily make a website. It can be used to create a website for a business, a student's project, or for a teacher. Google Sites is part of Google's Workspace (formerly called G Suite), and comes with a free package or paid packages that come with a free 14 day trial. If you have the free workspace package, your site will says "sites.google.com/(Your site name)/(Site page)" while if you have a paid package, it would be "sites.(Your email).com/(site page)". The paid package is enticing to over two billion people, as Google hit a record number of active monthly G Suite users as of early March, 2020.


What can you do with it?

Google Sites allows you to easily make a website without needing to know how to program one. It has built in Google products such as YouTube, Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, and more. It is also possible to get a calendar, map, and charts. If you want to share editing powers with someone else, just share the draft website with them, and they can help you build your website. If you want only people in your business, group, or just friends having access to your website, you can set those settings in the share tab. Google Sites also has integration with Google Merchant, so you are able to set up a shop as well. Google Sites has a seemingly endless amount of things you can do with it, is easy to use, and is free.

My experience with the site:

I want to give a heads up that I have created basic websites before on sites such as weebly.com and wix.com, so I have some background knowledge on how to do this, so a beginner's experience may be different than mine. With that being said, I was able to create the site easily by going to sites.google.com/new and clicking the big plus sign. Off the bat, you are able to name your website, create a header, and have access to a multitude of possibilities. I named my website and gave it a header, and then added some text. I then clicked on the YouTube icon and found a YouTube video about making paper airplanes and a Google document I made about paper airplanes. I then clicked on the Pages tab and created a second page. I then set the theme and created a button that would bring you to the AHS website. So far, I would say that using google sites is much easier than other website makers, and would highly recommend it. Here is the link to the website I made using Google Sites.






More information on Google Sites:



Comments